Monday, February 6, 2012

For the Sci-Fi show

I was recently involved in a sci-fi and fantasy show at the Roncy Street Gallery. A very unique little gallery with turns and halls and nooks and crannys, all of which the owner and curator (and Artist) Chrictian Aldo uses to advantage.

I made six pieces for the show, the theme for which being entirely out of my realm, but I do lie a challenge. I kept the work small, honestly, in the hope of selling one or two, which did not happen. But I don't - personally- think it's because the work sucks, lol. I like them anyway! Let me know what you think.

The basic concept is a little girl- to be named in the future- who has the love and devotion of a legion of robots, built for her, possibly to protect and or raise her by her father. There are more details tot he back story that are still being mulled over, but that's the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment